PDA

View Full Version : Requesting advice on setup order!

glasstech
09-03-2013, 12:31 PM
Hello everyone my name is James. I am a jeweler and glass blower. I am new to engraving but have taken couple of classes when I was younger and learn quickly. I want to ultimitly do firearm engraving. I am putting my first supply order together. I am going to order the palm control airgraver kit , and some books and videos off the site. I am try to decide between the palm control vise and the grs standered block with all the attachments.I am curious what else anyone would recomend for me to order. Especially ideas on tools used for backgrounds . I will be gratefull for any recommendations . I live in lexington ky. And would love to learn from anyone living close to me! Thanks for your time.

mrthe
09-03-2013, 02:11 PM
The palm control vise is great is a medium size vise i really like it, i have the grs standard too that is a great vise but for small medium things like rings or coins i use the palm vise, love it , handles very well,all the way are two different size and weight, if you are going to make firearm engraving maybe is better to go to the goliath vise, i haven't it ( ship it to spain is very expensive i think) but fot hold firearms parts is better for his weight

glasstech
09-04-2013, 10:33 PM
Thank you for your input it is very much appreciated!