PDA

View Full Version : First job with new PalmControl

Tim Wells
09-29-2007, 11:07 PM
I just got my old Classic converted to a PalmControl and tried it out on a job for my wife's nursing instructor. She saw a western brightcut bracelet I did a few weeks ago for my wife and sent Sweetie (that's my wife) home with a set of ear rings and 2 pendants for me to do whatever I wanted on.

The ear rings were sterling but the pendant was some kind of silver plated copper with a clear coat on it. I like the two toned effect but after I finished and went to the buffer I discovered a spot between the bird and the flower.

I have some silver plating solution and tried to do the whole thing but no luck. I went back to the buffer with some Fabulustre and took all of whatever that crap was off it so it's all the same finish now.

All those cuts will be bright once I clean all the Flits polish out in the ultrasonic. I used a mirror polished graver on them; about a 110 or 120.

Dave London
09-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Tim
Well done I like it:cheers2:

G. Dee Milligan
09-30-2007, 04:09 PM
Tim,
I like them too...really cool.
Would it be possible to get a pic or 2 of your wifes braclet?

Tim Wells
09-30-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't have enough room left to post them here so here's a link.

http://groups.msn.com/HandEngravers/twspracticeplates.msnw

It was the curved one I believe that she had on that day, I've made several different styles as samples for a jewelry store. She tried them all out by wearing them to school...

Ray Cover
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Looks good Tim

jlseymour
10-01-2007, 04:08 AM
Tim,
That PC is the ticket, Nice work...
Jerry