PDA

View Full Version : SAA pics work in progress

Ray Cover
10-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Here are some pics of a Colt SAA I just finished. It is now ready to be sent back to Doug Turnbull to be put together. This was a very fun project. A lot more work than I thought it would be but a fun project none the less.

Ray

Barry Lee Hands
10-04-2007, 09:21 AM
That looks great Ray, done in traditional style but with a higher level of detail and finish, very nice work indeed.

Dale338
10-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Beautiful work Ray.

Ray Cover
10-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks guys,

I enjoyed this job so much that I have actually ask Ron Nott about getting into the Colt market. I have had a great career engraving knives and pens and fly rods but this was an experience.

The SAA is such a great canvas. I am thinking I definitely will have to do more of these.

Ray

ron
10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
hi Ray .. thanks for posting photos of your Colt . boy that looks great I like the way you handled the scroll design on both the frame and the barrel . and any time I can help you with engraving Colts just give me a call or even stop by my shop for a few days and I will teach you every thing you need to know about engraving Colts and by the way . I live just a mile from the susquehanna river which has the best bass fishing in the east , bring your rods .. ron p.

Ray Cover
10-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Ron,

Ya know I enjoyed this enough that I wouldn't mind paying you a visit as soon as I can afford a few days away from the bench. I appreciate the tips you gave me on this one.

Ray

ron
10-05-2007, 07:30 AM
ok Ray . just give me a call when you are ready .. I have 7 colts on the bench that have to be done and I can get you to start on one of them and don't forget if you are a bass fisherman bring your rods with you ,, I don't fish but I can show you some good places on the susquehanna river .. ron p.

Rich Hambrook
10-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Once again nice work fellow Missourian! We need to plan to get together soon. Congratulations on the beautiful work my friend!
Rich