PDA

View Full Version : 1st Bulino Portrait

Artemis
11-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just finished this practice plate which I started when I took Ray Cover's bulino class. Take a look and provide any comments you want to share. I cannot take all the credit, as I had one exceptional mentor (Mr. Raymond).

I would strongly suggest to anyone interested in learning bulino to sign up for his class. You will learn bulino techniques such as shading with both pick dots and line patterns; image separation; bulino tool preparation and many more tips and tricks that must have taken years to develop. I am confident that I shaved years off the learning curve by taking the class.

With Ray's instruction, I was able to expand my engraving skills into the area I am most interested in, that being bulino theme engraving. If anyone has questions about the class, feel free to contact me.

Thanks again Ray, I truly appreciate all of your input and patients.

Steve Lindsay
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Michael, That is a beautiful! How large of plate is it on? Very good treatment with the dots as well as lines.

Artemis
11-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks Steve,

The plate is 2"x2" - rather large portrait took lots and lots of dots (hey that rhymes) to shade.

Ray Cover
11-08-2007, 11:00 PM
For his first portrait I was pretty impressed with it.

Ray

Dave London
11-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Whow
I really like the hair, great work

ron
11-09-2007, 07:57 PM
that is just fantastic , I do envy you , you learn well from a great teacher like Ray .. thanks for posting .. ron p

Artemis
11-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. I am going to start another bulino scene very soon and when that is complete I will post it. Until then, if anyone has questions regarding the bulino class or would like to chat about bulino work feel free to post....away! Cheers, Michael