PDA

View Full Version : America's Finest USMC

Rich Hambrook
12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
If this doesn't put chills down your spine I don't know what will. Watch my brothers, our hero's in arms....The United States Marine Corps Silent Drill Team.:patriot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y90UPLLo6nY

mike koller
12-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Thanks I have always enjoyed watching them ...
and I can say that Taps... even for this somewhat tone death nut sends chills down the spine, tears in the eyes, and fire in the blood.

Danny C
12-13-2007, 08:41 AM
Makes you wish that that is all they were good for.

Gail
12-13-2007, 05:44 PM
I love and respect all in our armed services, but the Semper Fi's are Special!
gailm:hurray:

Dave London
12-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Humm
I will try to be civil, if it was not for our armed services no one that enjoys the freedom in the USA would be free. Freedom is NOT free, millions have died so that future generations would be free. :patriot:

metalman
12-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.

Freedom has never been free!

Big-Un
12-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Semper Fi to all you "Jarheads" out there. The drill team is the best. From personal experience, the M-14's are the real thing, not lightened models, and the bayonets are real and they are razor sharp. The Team makes me very proud every time I see them perform.

Rich Hambrook
12-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Big Un,
Are you a Marine as well?

Rich

Mark Gerrasch
12-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Hi Guys,
As a retired Airborne Ranger, I prefer to use a weapon for it's intended purpose, Death.! Anyone can dance with their gun. We use to have Marines around for snacks, a little salty, but tasty.
Airborne!!!!
Mark

Big-Un
12-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Indeed I am a former Marine, 1965-71. Spent the finest summer vacation I ever had at Parris Island, SC in June, July and August. Love those "no-see-ums!"

Mark, unfortunately you sound like Airborne...all talk and no action.

GaryW
01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Big-Un;

I'm the new guy here, but during my mid life crisis, I took a break from my career and and did a three year stint as head golf professional at Parris Island. If you haven't been back lately, you wouldn't recognise the place. Some of the best human beings I know are the DI's and officers at P.I.

Jim Wright
01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Semper Fidelis to all out there.

I spent my summer of 1963 in MCRD San Diego. I was in Boot camp the day that President Kennedy was killed. It was the only real day off we had. Our Senior DI Marched the platoon to the Base Theater where the COmmanding Officer of MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) told us what had happened. I still remember the absolute stunned expression on the faces of those around me.

I spent the next 23 years of my life in the Service of my nation.

I've only regretted it once and that was the time I was accosted by a nasty little begger in the Husky Hub at the University of Washington in 1967 right after I'd returned from my second tour in Vietnam. Long story, better forgotten.

This summer I visited Parris Island with my old unit Association (3d Bn 4th Marines) Beautiful base, The DI's there looked the same as the ones at San Diego, I hear they breed bigger Sand Fleas there though.

Semper Fidelis,

Jim Wright
SSgt, (Ret)

Big-Un
01-07-2008, 08:39 PM
I went back to Parris Island for NCO training and stayed at the old Coast Guard station on the point, right in the middle of the Women Marines Training Depot. That was an interesting assignment, to say the least. We ate at the same mess as they, and when they started filing in, we had to remain seated until they ALL left, something about not getting them all hot and bothered at the sight of men other than recruits. Funny thing, their DI's were all women, but the men DI's did all the marching and stuff. I heard stuff come out of the mouths of those women DI's that I never thought a lady would ever say; it put some of our DI's to shame! I want to go back when I get a chance, as I understand the old wooden barracks I enjoyed so much (2nd Batallion) have been replaced with modern buildings. Maybe I can get a chance to play golf there. You can bet your bottom dollar it will not be in June, July or August!

Rich Hambrook
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Big Un,
I haven't looked at this thread for awhile obviously. Semper Fi Devil Dog! I was a Hollywood Marine 91-99 You had the no see-ums and we had the devilish mountains to attack. Hell to climb but rewarding at the top, beautiful view!
Rich Hambrook

DGrub
02-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Rich, don't forget the jets flying in and out of the airport there in SanDiego! I seen the Silent Drill Team a couple of times while in. Like you said in your original post....it sends chills down your spine and the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! SEMPER FI FELLOW DEVIL DOGS!!!!!
Dan