PDA

View Full Version : Elise

Elise
01-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello every one,

I'm Elise,

First i wil thanks Steve for all the patience mails and kindness and time, for all the questions i did ask, thanks again to a great inventor and great person.

I'm just starting engraving still learning push engraving and hammer and chisel and the most important i think drawing/design i still have a long time to go, but
i have good teachers, and ofcourse this forum is a exelent place to be and learn
a lot about engraving thanks to all for placing all these great interesting noledge.

Just before christmas Steve send me the Classic Airgraver the day before i would try out this i did make a wrong move with skiing, docters order total rest til yesterday it was like a Tantalus torture for me i have it i see but can not use it, i now feel little what Tantalus did feel.
This morning i did end my Tantelus and hook up the airgraver, it took me a few minutes to install and get used to the basic settings to work with it(thanks for the easy to read and understand owner/user manuel) today i could not stop trying out this and that and that and this i think everybody
did have this experience first trying the airgraver, today i did get a new friend
my airgraver, it wil improve my engraving and shorten the time to learn a lot.
My engraving teacher til now he work only with push and hammer and chisel is now using it, he did ask me this afternoon to try it,(he was very negative about i use this tool till!!!) til now i did not get it back he is still working with it and smiling, and that for a 70+ engraver i wil ask it back tomorrow.

Greetings from Sweden to all Elise

Tom McArdle
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Welcome Elise!

I am sure you will learn quickly. I hope to see some of your work soon.

I started with hammer and chisel also, as well as some push engraving. I still use those methods sometimes, but my best work is done with the airgraver.

take care,

Tom

ps I always have a special appreciation for Sweden, because of Gustavus Adolphus. Sad he did not make it through the battle of Lutzen...

( I hope I have that one right!)