PDA

View Full Version : New to forum

bobby1
03-16-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm Bob Rush and I joined the forum so I could learn what as I can about engraving. I have been doing lapidary work for 50 years and jewelry making for about 30 years. All of it has been as a hobby. I've also been teaching lapidary and jewelry making for about 12 years. I want to learn at least basic engraving so that I can incorporate it into my jewelry. I have used a few gravers to set stones but that is the extent of my experience.
In about 3 months I am going to retire and move from the San Francisco Bay Area to the Gold Country near Jackson. There I will be about 30 miles from the Stockton Jewelry Arts school, so I plan on taking classes from them as time permits. In the meantime I will rigorously persue this forum to learn from the experts here about what I might be getting myself into.
Bob

ddushane
03-16-2008, 06:12 PM
You'll enjoy your visits her Bob. Everyone on these forums are more than glad to help us newcomers grow in the craft. I love it. Dwayne Dushane

Ray Cover
03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard Bob,

There is a lot of info here :cheers2:

Ray

rbaptiste
03-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Welcome BoB

JT Kinney
03-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Welcome Bob,

You mentioned the subject of what you may be getting in to. On this Forum are some of the finest engravers in the world. You are getting into a fantastic world of information on engraving. Visit often, read with care, and you will learn wonderful things.

Welcome Again, :patriot:
JT