PDA

View Full Version : I Love My Classic

JT Kinney
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Hello To All,
I received my Air-Graver Classic about a week age, and have not been able to put it down. It has the feel of Quality, the look of Quality, It is Quality...
I wish I had took the plunge years ago. I sold my GRS tools to raise the cash to make the purchase, and have never looked back. A good friend of mine who is a Master Goldsmith tried my Classic, and shortly after sold his GRS setup, and bought a Classic. This man is extremely picky, and only buys the best. I would ike to Thank Steve Lindsay for inventing this fantastic tool. I have a habit of nameing my tools (sort of like having a brain fart) I call this one The Classic Wonder. I just finished the new stand for my classic's control gages. I can move it around if I need more room on the bench.

A Tool is only as good as it Owner.. :hurray:

Cheers, and Beers :lurk5:
JT

Steve Lindsay
03-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi John,

Good deal I am glad you are liking the tool!

John emailed pics of his setup with Co2. This is for a foot pedal Classic.
Looks pretty slick. :yesnod:

There are actually two setups I see in the first picture. One with dual regulators for an air compressor and the second with Co2.

Steve

http://www.engravingschool.com/forum-pics/John-CO2b.jpg

http://www.engravingschool.com/forum-pics/John-CO2a.jpg

CJ Allan
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Obviously I'm gonna have to look into these, and try them out. :)

I need to update my outdated grs hand tools.and all I hear is GOOD about Steve & his products.

I'm definatly gonna get his sharpening system, and some of his gravers.

I just hope these will do what i need to plow metal...the way I plow it... :) :)

Gotta feeling once I try these things out........I'll get hooked like the rest of you guys...

30 years plowin, and i'm just lookin up to see there's a bunch of Kool, new things out there..

.......cj

JT Kinney
03-22-2008, 08:03 AM
CJ

This Air-Graver will move metal like a Snow plow will move snow. So invest, and plow, plow, and plow somemore.

Cheers, :cheers2:

JT

DGrub
03-22-2008, 09:58 AM
CJ, I purchased a Classic from Steve this past fall (Nov) and love it! Steve's tools are well made and do everything that people say. Get your checkbook ready if you try one as you will be wanting it! It's a "Cadillac"!!!
Dan

mckeenh
06-11-2008, 04:06 PM
I just recieved a classic as well and am using it right beside my GRS tools and I am coming to the same conclusion that I wish I had purchased it first. Primarily for the portability but, the response is smoother and more progrssive than the GRS tools and with the stainless piston I can do fine work or put in the tungsten piston and hog away at deep relief or background removal.

JT what size tank are you using and how long will it last with the classic?

Neil:yesnod:

JT Kinney
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
I just recieved a classic as well and am using it right beside my GRS tools and I am coming to the same conclusion that I wish I had purchased it first. Primarily for the portability but, the response is smoother and more progrssive than the GRS tools and with the stainless piston I can do fine work or put in the tungsten piston and hog away at deep relief or background removal.

JT what size tank are you using and how long will it last with the classic?

Neil:yesnod:
Hi Neil,

The tank is a 6lb. tank, and will last about 48 to 50 hours. The tank is from a soda, or beer preasure system. Pretty cheep on e-bay.

Cheers,
JT

PatP
07-17-2008, 12:44 PM
This Air-Graver will move metal like a Snow plow will move snow. So invest, and plow, plow, and plow somemore.
you could call it the *Plow King* :lol:

http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/simpsons_roadrage/characters/popups/barney.jpg

JT Kinney
07-17-2008, 02:56 PM
The Best Plow on the Planet, smooth turns, excellent control, and power to spare. :coolgleamA:

Cheers,
JT

Steve Lindsay
08-10-2008, 09:40 PM
you could call it the *Plow King* :lol:

http://images.ea.com/eagames/official/simpsons_roadrage/characters/popups/barney.jpg

Hi Pat, I just saw this. This is great. :lol: