PDA

View Full Version : Custom Jeweler from PA

Marc Williams
05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Hello everyone. My name is Marc Williams.. I am from the Wyoming Valley area of Pennsylvania. I live in the small town of Swoyersville and I have a custom jewelry shop in Luzerne.. 3 years ago I took a class from Jsaon Marchifava at New Approach School for Jewelers.. I became hooked the first day of class.. The only thing I regret is not having enough time to practice engraving.. I have to say my experience is limited to doing leaf patterns. I look forward to learning more and gaining more experience!

Marc

p.s. m I was going to post a picture but for some reason I can't .. any ideas??

Marc Williams
05-04-2008, 09:31 PM
I think I figured it out...

Gene Tru
05-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Hi Marc,
Welcome to the forum. A lot of really talented people here on the forum that are always willing to help with most any questions you may have regarding engraving in general. The more you search out the site you will find tons of really interesting and useful information posted by really interesting and helpful individuals.

I like your rings, looks like you have the leaf pattern pretty well mastered.
Again, Welcome,
Gene

KDavid
05-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Hi Marc
You definitely have that leaf pattern down. Welcome to the forum. I am originally from Reading Pa but now ended up in Orlando Fl. (TOO HOT) Good Luck with the engraving there is allot of talent here and all you have to do is ask.

PatP
05-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Welcome Mark, good to see other jewelers here on the forum.

SVD
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!

As the others have said, you've got leaves down. Sometimes the key to greatness is working within your limitations - and sometimes it's in breaking past them. You've been doing the first and now that you've found the fourms you'll probably do the second. :)

sddd42000
05-26-2008, 10:10 PM
hello
you do some great work. did you carve and cast the ring?
either way it looks great...
i am doing my best to get there, lots of work ahead of me:)