PDA

View Full Version : Montana Skies

mckeenh
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Here is a photo from my front porch, Since Barry showed you some huntin country I thought I might show you some of the other reasons to live in Montana.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/mckeenh/Sturgisdeer002.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/mckeenh/Sturgisdeer001.jpg

Neil:yesnod:

Roger Bleile
06-23-2008, 07:31 AM
They don't call it the "Big Sky" country for nothin'. Neil, you are a fortunate man to be able to live there.

CRB

mckeenh
06-23-2008, 08:44 AM
It looks almost as good in the day time but I like the sunsets the best. We get quite a few like that. And I do consider my self lucky.

David Jones
06-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Neil
What part of Montana are you in?
I am a native of the Flathead Valley
But moved to North Idaho 20 or so years ago
still have family dotted over the whole state
Glascow, Kalispel, Eureka and Great Falls
Dave

mckeenh
06-23-2008, 01:34 PM
David, I am in Stevensville just south of Missoula. We probably are not too far apart. If you are in the area give me a call.

David Jones
06-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Neil,
Thanks,
I get down there everyonce in a while
same with you if you ever get up to Coeur d' Alene lets get together
Dave

SVD
06-23-2008, 08:50 PM
You know the thing I see in that picture that makes me think about moving up there?

It's really what I don't see - crowds!
:banana_party:

I like's my space I do.

mckeenh
06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
You may not see it in the picture but if you get to Missoula you will see crowds and rush hour traffic. Most people have to comute there to work.

SVD
06-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Neil

It's all relative. Kansas City - just the city itself, not counting the metro area - has a larger population than Montana, IIRC. I know it's bigger than North Dakota and it's close to South Dakota. Add in the metro area and it's bigger than both states combined.

But head East and you get cities that occupy less physical space and have populations greater than the state of Missouri so it's all relative. KC I can stand, but kick up the density another notch or two and I'm out of there!

mckeenh
06-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I think Montana has less than 1 million people in it still which is less than many major cities in the U.S. but a major portion is windy, cold, hot or dry. It is all nice part of the year but Cut Bank Montana is the coldest spot is the U.S.

SVD
06-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, once you get up level with the Dakotas it does tend to thin the herd a bit.

I know in South Dakota they take homelessness very seriously on the theory that anyone who's homeless in SD in January really needs help.

mckeenh
06-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Same here. We do have some homeless people but I don't know what they do when it gets cold. I know there are some shelters but I don't know if they can handle them all at one time. Maybe they hand out good sleeping bags.

SVD
06-25-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm betting you have a lot fewer homeless people in January than in July. Some of the 'professional' homeless travel around the country to wherever the living is easy at the time, taking advantage of the programs meant for those who aren't 'homeless by choice'.

mckeenh
06-25-2008, 08:26 AM
I'm sure that happens to some extent but we do have some that are here year round. I suppose those do recieve shelter in the winter.