PDA

View Full Version : Classic arrived today

James Wark
07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
After 3 years of putting it off I ordered a classic airgraver. Today it arrived, I am stuck here at work but cant wait to get it to the shop and try it out.
Thanks Steve

SVD
07-16-2008, 12:01 PM
James

Look in the 'AirGraver Info' section for my post on the Box O' Happiness - I just finished using part of my lunch hour to use my Classic. :)

James Wark
07-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi Steve,
Thats a great set-up. I will probably end up with something along those lines.

Thanks
Jim

SVD
07-16-2008, 03:22 PM
The great thing is that I added a 'monster cup-holder' to my bench so it's easy to use my Classic there as well.

If you go to your local Home Depot type store, get a 4" PVC Cap - nice big rounded cup sort of thing. Get an adapter for 4" to 3" - it'll slide into the cap snugly. The one I got had a ring inside I had to scrape down with a knife to get a 20oz cylinder to fit. Drilled two holes in the cap and screwed it onto my bench (I stood the cylinder in the assemblage and moved it up and down to find where I wanted it first, of course). With my big hands it was a bit tricky but a stubby screwdriver and some determination got the job done. Slid the adapter in about 1/2" and now I can just set the cylinder into it's little holder and work away under my scope. :)

Eventually I'll get around to having a set of gravers that stay on my bench but for now I just transfer the one set back and forth - have to move them to get the cylinder out of the bottom anyway.

James Wark
08-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Well thats a great idea. I am using a paintball HPA tank, and it just lays there on the floor, I knew there was a better solution. I have got to say using the HPA is great, no compressor noise.
Thanks
Jim

Steve Lindsay
08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Hi Jim, Good deal! Have you been making a few chips with it? What are you using for a regulator with the HPA tank?

James Wark
08-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Hi steve,

I have been making some chips, its a great tool. Wish I had more time to play with it. It is amazing how bright the cuts are. I am using the regulator from the Kobalt portable compressed air regualtor kit sold at lowes. It seems to work fine.
Jim

Steve Lindsay
08-11-2008, 08:41 AM
I didn't know that Kobalt had a HPA air regulator. I'll hunt for it. Do you know, can you get more time from one of the hpa paintball tanks or from a 20oz paintball co2 tank?

James Wark
08-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Steve,

The Kobalt regulator if for CO2. But since I am using a paintball HPA tank, the air is pre-regulated down to CO2 levels, I think around 835psi. I believe that you will get slightly more time from the HPA. You can also get larger tanks. See regulator here. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=166441-61735-J-6901-100
Jim