PDA

View Full Version : National Weapons Ban Bill in Congress

WVEngraver
01-01-2009, 08:13 AM
It's time to ring in the new year my fellow Komrades ... House bill 6257 has been referred to the sub-kommitee on krime and terrorism.

What's HR 6257 ....

Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257)

Is it really just a simple "reauthorization" of the Klinton ban or is the title of this bill "newspeak"???

This bill is incrementalism at it's best. The list of "protected firearms" has been greatly reduced from the Klinton ban. This is not only an attempt to reduce the kapacity but also the kaliber in the hands of citizens.

Happy New Year Komrades

Chris ..... errr umm .. I meant "Kris"

Peter
01-01-2009, 09:33 AM
The original bill was just a typical legislative "knee jerk" reaction in my opinion. Unfortunately, I don't think our government will EVER understand that criminals DON'T obey laws!

All they ever seem to do is create legislation that punishes honest citizens with rediculous laws and fees!

There are plenty of gun laws as it is that never seem to be enforced.

It will be interesting to see what punishment Plaxico Burress receives for his absurd stupidity.

Just my $.02 FWIW.

Peter

WVEngraver
01-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Peter,

Government incrementalism is always the result of any problem-reaction-solution situation.

The truth is that government and their laws have failed the American people in keeping weapons out of the hands of illegal immigrants, violent criminals and psychotropic drug users. It's almost as if it were by design. As always, it is the good ol' Life, Liberty and Happiness loving American that pays for it.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Burress.

I'm off to the range before the satellite makes its daily pass.

Gail
01-01-2009, 01:29 PM
quote:"Government incrementalism is always the result of any problem-reaction-solution situation."

I believe you are right there! I think the U.S. Constitution has incrementally been reduced to 'U.S. Con'.
gail