PDA

View Full Version : New from North Carolina

jshearin
01-02-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey, my name is Jon Shearin and I am the Iron Coordinator at the Penland School of Crafts in the mountains of North Carolina. Before I was the coordinator I spent 2 years in the Core Fellowship program at the school which is how I got into engraving. I took Bruce LePage's 2 week class and have been hooked ever since.

Daniel Houwer
01-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Jon.
Great place to be for hooked people. All hooked here:whoo:

Daniel

tonytigerhk45
01-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Welcome Jon. My name is Tony Medlin and I have seen some public t.v. specials about Penland, they do fine work there and have very talented craftsmen. I live in Monroe NC and attended engraving and some gunsmithing classes at Montgomery Community College over in Troy, NC.
There is a lot of very talented people here that can teach you anything you what to learn or know. I have learned alot from all of them.

Big-Un
01-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome Jon. We're not too far apart I think. Good to see some Tarheels here.

Bill

John Wade
01-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice to see another Tar Heel on the forum. I have a store in Rocky Mount and do lots of hand engraving. Mostly monograms and inscriptions. We do a few crest rings and the jewelry I make almost always has some engraving on it. I have wondered for some time if the Penland school is somewhere that I could find some help for my store. Most times I am overwhelmed with the amount of work I have. I got rid of most of my wholesale accounts because I just could not keep up.
John Wade
Wade Designs Jewelry