PDA

View Full Version : New to engraving

dgibbens
01-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Hello,

I am new to engraving but I have been interested in getting into it as a hobby for a while now. I have been into pen and ink drawing since high school. As a mechanical engineer I have since learned manual machining and CNC machining. I guess you can say I like metal working in general.

As of yet I have a couple of push engravers and will hopefully be purchasing a classic headpiece soon.

Also I would like to thank all of the experienced engravers out there for posting tutorials and sharing their experience with us newbies.

David

airamp
01-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi David,

I am also new to engraving. I have taken some course work by Master engraver Bryan Bridges that lives in Tempe.

I am in Scottsdale and have a Classic Airgraver. If you want to try it out or take a classes from Bryan let me know.

PM me if you are interested. Just P.M you my number

Here is my Tutor with a few links to good starting out information.

http://www.handengravingforum.com/showthread.php?t=2365

AirAmp

SVD
01-14-2009, 07:52 AM
That Pen & Ink experience should be very helpful - you're already used to doing artwork where you either have a line or you don't and all shading has to be done under those rules.

Looking forward to seeing some nice stuff from you before too long! :)

JT Kinney
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi David,

You have arrived at the best forum on the web for engraving. There is enough info on this site to fill a dozen books, and more. Read, and Learn.

Cheers, JT