PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Michael
01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi all,

My name is Mike but my forum name is Michael because Mike has been previously taken. I would like to introduce myself, I am 64 years old and have been in and around the gun business since 1976. I worked for the US Govt for 18 years and then decided to go out and join the real world.

I started out my civilian career at H&K and was there about 6 years. I then went to Saco Defense (made .50 andM60 MG's and barrels etc. From Saco I went to Wegmann USA in Lynchburg VA and they made ammunition handling systems for tanks.

I left there in 1993 to go toSmith and Wessonfor the next 3 years until the big dog (Remington) called meto work for them. My employment at Remington did not work out and after only one year I left and went to the Night vision business working for Insight. My first job with them was to finiswh the development of the handgun light and sell it. A true success but after about a year my wife decided that the winters there are way too cold and she went home telling me to come and visit her.

Well that was unacceptable after about another 6 motnhs and so I joined BEAMHIT as they are located close to home. From there to Night Vision systems and now I am retired.

In my time at these company's I met and spoke with many Master Engravers as that was always a passion of mine. I watched engravers at Mauser, H&K Smith and Wesson and at Remington. I always wanted to do it.

Well that's my history and now I am starting to learn how to engrave and I will need a lot of help.

Mike

SVD
01-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the Forum! :waving:
and to a highly addictive hobby. :)

Sounds like you've got lots of good contacts for getting questions answered on just what's been done to just about any gun to find out if a particular part is engraveable or not.

CarlW
01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
HI MIKE.
Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for questions. These pro's will help in any way they can. I am new at it myself and they have been a tremendous help.
Would not be where I am at today (which is not very far) if it weren't for this forum.
Carl