PDA

View Full Version : Still around.

Tim C
11-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Hi folks,
Just to let you know I am still around, it has been crazy down here.

Too much to mention here, bit I still manage to check in and look around before I have to get back to the things I need to do around here.

We are still getting the house put back together from the flooding last year.
It has been a light hurricane season, Thank God!!!, and we have finally had a contractor replacing wet walls.

If anyone ever has to deal with flood damage, please watch out for that damn mold stuff, especially with family members.

Kat has been in the hospital twice in the last 2 months just from mold that was discovered in walls. It becomes airborn when it is disturbed and that is NOT a good thing.

Anyway, I will be checking in from time to time.

PS Ron - Real nice Engraving Bench you are building, I hope to get back to work on mine soon.

Take care...

Tim

Steve Lindsay
11-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey Tim, Hope you guys are ok there. I've heard news stories about a certain kind of mold that can be a bad thing. Take care of Kat. Tell her she has the best back rubbing hands and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again just for her back rubs.
Steve

Tim C
11-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks Steve,
Yea I had heard of it too, but I didn't know it could effect some people if they are just in the same house that you found it. We had the room closed off and air vents taped shut. The contractor had huge fans blowing everything out. The stuff is so bad that I had to take a shower if I went into the room and came back out. It didn't bother me so much but Kat would react just touching me after, her lungs started to close up in minutes.
Real bad stuff...

I'll tell her to keep practicing her back rubs on me, so she gets real good at it... ;-)

Tim