PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Watou Belgium

bram ramon
06-25-2009, 02:09 AM
Hello master engravers!

First of al I introduce my self my name is Bram Ramon I live in a little village in Watou it's near the French border but still in the Flemish speaking part of Belgium My work, next week I start with an new job the interior of luxury custom boats When I was 15 years old I visit a goldsmith shop during my holiday in Ireland, I knew this was the ting I want to do! I start a evening course yewellery/ goldsmith in Kortrijk when I was 18 years old. Soon I found a beautiful forum zilvermaan where I met some really artists like Daniel Houwer a really amazing stone setter, but I think every one here know it; the amazing cigarette "pen" !! He told us about a new tool the airgraver! I visit the website airgraver.com and knew this is an amazing tool! i started saving money:juggle[1]: I took me a long time but finally the Palm control burl wooden handle arrived yeasterday!:hurray[1]: Normally on Saturday I start using the tool first mount some airlines! Next year I start a evening course stone setting in Antwerp THE tool of Steve will help me I did some stone setting with handgravers but now the real work can start!:whoo[1]:

bram ramon

Daniel Houwer
06-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Hi Bram Ramon,
Nice to see you have found this beatiful forum too!
Great to hear you got the PC Airgraver now.
You are in for so much fun :whoo[1]:

Congratulations on your new job, sounds really good.
Also the stone setting course in Antwerp. I would love to do the same.

See you around,

Daniel

rbaptiste
06-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Welcome Ramon, don't hesitate to show your work to council you ;-)

bram ramon
06-25-2009, 03:55 AM
Thanks guys!!

I will show my work! But don't expect to much!
Do some of you have experian’s with carving ivory? I have bought an old piece of elephant ivory but the problem is it has become almost as hard as epoxy. I read in the book of Oppi Untrach something for making old ivory back soft again by making it wet to turn it in a damped cloth.
Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks a lot!

bram ramon