PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Illinois!

pjean
07-27-2009, 09:14 PM
My name is Pete and I live in central Illinois. I have recently become very interested in hand engraving, but don't have any resources to start with. I need help with everything! I figured that if I could get direction from any where it would be here. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Roger B2
07-27-2009, 09:59 PM
G'day Pete,

This is a great place to start.

Take a look around, read what you can, ask questions, decide which field in engraving you want to tackle and practice your drawing.

When you are ready to start your engraving there is more than enough help on this site to get you going.

Good luck and all the best,
Roger

Roger B2
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Me again Pete,

Just a thought about you getting your hands dirty with engraving. Without having to spend a fortune you can give it a go by taking a class or two and the experience will last you a life time.

Look up "Classes" in red above and find someone nearby. Most of the tutors found here will be able to offer to teach a range of methods from hammer and chisel to air assist and push engraving. Each type will have a different level of investment but the class will certainly be worthwhile.

Have fun,
Roger

pjean
08-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Roger,
Thanks for the helpful responses! I will be sure to check out some of the classes listed in the link.

chujybear
08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
hello pete,
sorry to come i on your thread,
i'm new to the forum too. i seem to have a blind spot where it allows you to post your own topic..
where did you find it?
thanks alot,
g

SVD
08-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Chujybear

When you're in a forum (rather than a thread like we are here) there's a 'New Thread' button on the left just above the list of current threads.

Just click the 'Who's Who' link up at the top of the page and you'll see it.