PDA

View Full Version : Special Tool???

kcrutcher
08-27-2009, 09:10 AM
I left my PalmControl out on my bench one night and a mouse chewed holes in my air line.

I have taken care of the mouse problem and replaced the air line but now I cannot get the small plastic ring back in place that secures the line.

Now over 50 PSI and the line blows off.

My question is, is there a special tool to push the plastic ring in place?

If not how do you do it.

Ken

Daniel Houwer
08-27-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi Ken,

If you can't get it on as it is, you could cut a point (like the tip of a ceringe) at the end of the tube. Stick the small point through the ring and pull it through with nose pliers. Then cut the tube square of and attach it to the lindsay.
Hope this helps,

Daniel

alphagog
08-27-2009, 04:16 PM
You might also try dipping the end of the tubing in hot water for a few seconds, dry it
off well and it should slide on, allow time to cool and it should return to original diameter
for a snug fit.
Good luck
Jerry

kcrutcher
08-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys for the replys

I was trying to put the tubing on the fitting and then pushing the plastic disk over the fitting, would not go.

I called Steve, What a simple fix!

Take the tubing off the fitting, move the disk close to the end of the tubing now holding the disk and tubing press them both on at the same time (Simple).

Works like a charm.

Ken

Daniel Houwer
08-28-2009, 02:32 PM
Ah, that's what you ment.
Yep, ring on end of tube and push on.
Thought you couldnt get the ring on the tube.
Steve is great with tips and trics :hurray[1]:

Tim C
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Steve gives the highest quality of service that I've seen in a long time.
It doesn't matter how old the tool is, if there is a problem, Steve is determined to find the answer and fix it.
THAT'S one of the reasons that I purchased AirGravers, the other reason was the quality of materials and workmanship.
I hope you enjoy your tool as much as I enjoy mine.
Tim C