PDA

View Full Version : 1st case of "Swine flu"?

Brian
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
We may have the 1st case (?) of the swine flu amongst the engraving fraternity - right here at our home...

Took our son in this afternoon, doc ordered a bunch of tests done immediately.

Results early tomorrow.

Guess I get to spend this evening getting myself more medical education about this particular disease off the Internet...

Brian

Roger B2
09-04-2009, 03:14 AM
G'day Brian,

Hope things work out for you all. Will be thinking of you.

Roger

SVD
09-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Well, the good news is that (currently) H1N1 is pretty darn mild for most people so while you and your wife are almost definitely going to catch it, it probably won't bother you.

But keep a close eye on your son - this stuff tends to hit school age kids hard.

Best wishes for the family!

Brian
09-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks Roger & Steve,

As it turns out, we do not get the dubious honor of being the 1st...

Tests came back indicating that it is the common variety of the flu. Indistinguishable other than the severity - without the lab test.

Even this "common" variety can be troublesome to us. Both my wife and I barely have any immunosystems left. She is currently recovering from a staph infection in her spine from her 3rd back surgery - and currently has a pic-line feeding antibiotic directly into her heart... so it's still dicey.

B.

P.S. The reson we suspected it in the first place, is because one of the kids Gabriel shares a ride with some mornings was confirmed to have had it.