PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie needs AirGraver

Taj
02-21-2010, 01:43 AM
I have just begun engraving and I am looking to purchase an airgraver, foot pedal, and CO2 system for a reasonable price. Please contact me directly at tajxtreme@yahoo.com .

Thank you

Taj

K Frei
03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
People love their airgravers i think for you to find one for sale someone is going to need to be loosing their butt, and then you are going to have 50 other peole trying to get the same piece of equipment, you may just have to bite the bullet. but it is worth it belive me

Mcahron
03-25-2010, 03:32 AM
I looked for over a year for a used Airgraver and never found one,so bite the bullet.

M. J. Atkinson
03-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Good luck! I have seen 2 in the last year and both were sold before I even saw the post. As others said, bite the bullet and get one, I did and have no regrets even tho I still have a long way to go to claim the title of "engraver". Mike

SVD
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
As the others have said, you might find a used system but odds are very low.

Part of this is just the nature of the thing. Because Steve is pretty much on his own he doesn't have a sales force out doing demos and selling classes. The demos and classes are what get a lot of people to buy equipment. A certain percentage of those people wind up changing their mind about engraving for one reason or another and thus their equipment goes up for sale.

With Steve's gear most people don't find out about it until they're already committed to engraving so they're much less likely to decide to sell everything off.

Plus since he produces it all himself there's just physically less of his gear out there so that smaller fraction of people who do get rid of their Lindsay gear is a fraction of a smaller pool and, well... there's just not much used stuff out there.

But the good / bad news is that these tools hold their value pretty well so unless you've got someone selling off someone else's gear (death, divorce, whatever) it usually doesn't sell for a whole lot less than new, so while you're keeping an eye out for any bargins it shouldn't take you too much longer to save enough to buy it new.