PDA

View Full Version : BP Oil leak live video feed

Steve Lindsay
06-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Live feed of the oil leak from a ROV
http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_internet/globalbp/globalbp_uk_english/homepage/STAGING/local_assets/bp_homepage/html/rov_stream.html

Daniel Houwer
06-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Ooh, that's horible.
I thought they had closed it already.

Carol Carter-Wientjes
06-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Nay Daniel, sadly it's still going strong. Some days you can smell the oil aroma in the air even here in New Orleans.

SVD
06-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Right now (11:38AM CDT, June 2nd) it looks like they've made progress on the latest attempt and even slowed the flow somewhat.

I know they were working on chopping off the bent/damaged pipe so they'd have a clean end to work with to try to catch as much as they can until they can get the relief wells drilled (August or later).

If they hadn't paid off politicians (lots of 'em of all stripes) to let them get away with skimping on the safety measures and doing a poor job of the ones they did do we wouldn't have this mess. A good quality blow-out preventer properly installed and set might have even prevented the whole thing.

Daniel Houwer
06-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Such a petty that its stil leaking. |We can fly to mars and beyond but can't save our own planet :willy_nilly[1]:
I got this in the mail today and I beleive they might be right.
Thanks K.

New Eco-Friendly Cigarettes Kill Destructive Human Beings Over Time

RICHMOND, VA—Executives at Philip Morris USA this week unveiled Marlboro Earth, a new eco-friendly cigarette that gradually eliminates the causes of global warming and environmental destruction at their source.

"By killing off the No. 1 threat to the environment, new Marlboro Earths will have a long-term effect on the overall health of our planet," Philip Morris spokesperson Janet Weiss said. "If everyone in America does their part and joins our new green-smoking movement, then together we can eradicate man's destructive practices once and for all."
According to a press release from Philip Morris, the new environmentally friendly cigarettes work by employing powerful carcinogens that accumulate in the lungs of smokers, slowly breaking down their vital organs and eliminating the danger posed to the overpopulated planet by the human race.
Because Marlboro Earths take decades to work, the company stresses that people should start using them as early as possible, ideally during childhood or adolescence, in order to maximize the product's effectiveness.
"We've got to get everybody on board, the sooner the better," said Weiss, stressing that nothing less than the fate of the planet was at stake. "It doesn't take much. As few as two packs of Marlboro Earths a day can make all the difference in the world."
"Go ahead," Weiss continued. "Light up, breathe in, and help save Mother Earth.