PDA

View Full Version : Little Compressor for Airgraver...

AndrosCreations
07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
If anyone uses a little compressor of this size... how often do you think it would click on to repressurize the tank when doing moderate engraving to heavy background removal?

I hope this link (http://doitbest.com/Air+Compressors-Senco+Brands-model-PC1010-doitbest-sku-352225.dib) works... :thumb[1]:

Thanks, :cheers2[1]:
Andy

Daniel Houwer
07-16-2010, 04:01 PM
I would guess never.
If they donīt have a stop at 6barrs and start at 3barrs I would not even considder it.
I had a compressor pumping 22liter per minute with something broken. it had a three liter tank and I would have to unpressure the valve whenn it would want to start again. It took about 5 minutes of engraving before I had to relieve the pressure on the pump for just a second. It is being fixed now.

Donīt get a compressor that you have to manually start every 5 minutes!

kaya
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
we use one that came with a turob caver set up and it stays on but makes very little noise

AndrosCreations
07-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I purchased that compressor that I referenced in the first post in this thread...

It looks to be good quality and 'medium' quiet. Perhaps I'll build a little foam cover so that it'll quiet it down even more. I'd just like to be able to use it, should I need to be doing a job and my wifes sleeping.

I'm actually thinking that down the road, I might purchase a big 5 or 10 gallon axillary tank. The ones that you just connect and fill up using any compressor and then you just use the air... A larger tank like that might last for several hours with the airgraver..no?

So, anyway, now I have a cool little compressor... and nothing to use it for (yet :willy_nilly[1]: ).

we use one that came with a turob caver set up and it stays on but makes very little noise

How do you like that Turbo Carver??? Is it holding up to use well? I just read that the bearing can go after a few months but I certainly can't say if that's true, not having one myself. I will be in the market for a rotary tool that goes 100,000+ though.

kaya
07-19-2010, 10:22 PM
no the turbo carver is a real lite weight good for eggs but that is it we went through 5 in 6 months thet are no good for metle back ground removeal

AndrosCreations
07-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Thanks for your input Kaya,... 5 in 6 months? That's not good. I guess it's not made for heavy use.