PDA

View Full Version : The Lindsay Artisan....a jewel!

JRon
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I got my Lindsay Artisan last week and spent about an hour getting everything set up. My gravermach died a couple of weeks ago and after a few $'s I decided just to replace it. I emailed Roger B, asked his opinion of the Artisan and that was good enough for me. Seeing how I used a foot pedal for so many years I felt more comfortable going that direction. Sold my gravermach for parts last week including the hand pieces. The Artisan came in and seeing how I work mostly on firearms, I put the tungsten piston in and cut a couple of practice plates and was pleasantly surprised with the power and control.
I had a 1911 to work with a gold border on the slide along with the scroll work.
The enlay work was completed in roughly 1/3 faster than with the previous system I had. I've just completed the slide and starting the frame work now. I'll post photos when I get the job completed. So far the Artisan has performed great, did the entire slide without having to even retouch the tool..........amazing! I've got a set of side plates to engrave for Beretta Gallery in Dallas(high dollar job) to start next and I am looking forward to doing it with my new Artisan. Steve is a great guy to do business with....JR

SVD
09-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Are you using the Lindsay point too? I've found that it's much better for curves - the relief behind the point that's supposed to keep it from dragging... does.

JRon
09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Steve: I used the graver that came presharpened with the tool, now I have to make a bunch up (I have the Lindsay system)

Barry Lee Hands
09-04-2010, 04:24 PM
I use my Artisan every day, it is excellent.

jlseymour
09-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Great choice JR, and yes Steve is great to do business with...
Look foward to seeing more of your work...
Jerry

pedroito
10-17-2010, 04:25 AM
hola a tod@s me presento,hace poco que entro en le foro y ya estoy enganchado a el,es impresionante el trabajo que realizais , quiero aprender la tactica del grabado y creo que este es el mejor sitio

saludos a toda la gente de este foro desde Espaņa: Yo [1]:

pedroito
10-17-2010, 04:28 AM
hola a tod @ s I stand, only recently have entered the forum and I'm already hooked on, it's amazing the work you do, I want to learn the tactics of the engraving and I think this is the best place

Greetings to all the people of this forum in Spain

JRon
10-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum! We are all more than willing to help you, so don't be afraid to ask questions._JR

mrthe
11-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi i`m new in the forum i came from spain ,Barcelona City,and i`m a newbie in the world of engraving,i have a dude i am a jewellery maker and designer and i work with sterling silver only ,sometime with yellow or white gold,the lindsay artisan work well for jewellery or the best choice is a classic ? i am a beginner and i haven`t much money to spent for my first graver,a artisan with a foot control it`s a good tool for jewellery?
And other question,i`d like to try a graver with the lindsay point but now i use only the hand push metod xdd....... it`s possible use a graver with hand push methos? and if yes it`s possible buy a pre sharpened graver in some store or web?
In my city it`s impossible try one lindsay airgraver all the people i know use a grs gravers,but i think that the airgraver it`s a little jewel and more compact tool and i`d like to try or buy one some day xdd.
Thank you for the help !