PDA

View Full Version : Co2 Foot Pedal AirGraver

Steve Lindsay
05-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Set this up for a person today. He is needing to use the paint ball co2 cylinders with a foot pedal for shows.
http://www.airgraver.com/images/Foot%20Co2.jpg

Tom McArdle
05-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Cool!

Here's an idea-

build a portable stand with an integral CO2 tank, and a ball vise with integral regulators. Ready to go!

Or you could put a mini tank INSIDE the ball, and the regulators on the base.

Dreaming is free, and Steve does all the hard work!

:lol: :hurray: :willy_nilly: :eek: :D :coolgleamA:

Tom

Ray Cover
05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm just waiting for him to come out with one that runs on methane. A can of beans and your in business.:D

I will have one of these set ups (co2 version not the methane version) at the BLade show if any of you want to come by the booth and play with it.

Ray

Steve Lindsay
05-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey, combine Tom and Ray's idea and what we need is a methane filled ball vise. Just don't smoke around it. :lol:
Okay, I know, back to work. :willy_nilly:

ihsfab
05-08-2007, 09:37 PM
I don't know Ray you might look kind of funny with a tube running out your shorts.:eek: :D

ChrisB
05-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Steve,
Great!! What would that Guage Setup Cost, ? I have Many Requests to demonstrate all sorts at our Knife Meetings, And What a pain to cart my whole setup there.!!

Steve Lindsay
05-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi Chris, Here are the prices..
CO2 regulator $142
CO2 adapter for paint ball cylinders $38
Foot pedal $125
Needle valve and fittings $30
Total $335 plus shipping

ChrisB
05-10-2007, 01:37 AM
Thanks Steve,
Will save up Some,!! I deffinately Want One.

How Long does the Paintball Gas Last? just more or less.

Steve Lindsay
05-10-2007, 11:06 PM
The paint ball cylinders will last around 2 hours with this foot pedal setup. The PalmControl with this size cylinder will last around 6 to 10 hours, depending on how deep we're cutting.

Steve

KurtB
05-11-2007, 07:39 AM
OK I've got a mental picture; follow along with me here... it's quite goofy. You've got a Palm Control connected to a small tank, just like this one. You've ALSO got a foot pedal, except this foot pedal's function is to PUMP UP the tank, like a small footie bicycle pump! :lol: Now you're ready to engrave in a post-apocalyptic world with no electricity, as the undead swarm and the radioactive mutants who fight them bring in their fine machetes and zip guns for a bit of adornment! :D

Danny C
05-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Kurt B

Just remember you have to pump up to several hundred pounds - so IF your pump will go that high (it won't) it will take several hours - NON STOP. If you stop it will take longer.

Let us know how long it took to actually pump up to pressure, will you?

KurtB
05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Danny, my post was entirely tongue in cheek. I just had this image of frantically pumping away while impatient "road warrior" types stand in line, fingering their weapons, waiting for a fine Belgian scroll or some Germanic leafwork on their axes and pipe guns.

I'm going to go total dork on everyone now... On the pump, at least, no problem at all hand (or foot) pumping to thousands of PSI. The volume per stroke, however, is quite low. Picture a piston of 1/8" diameter. The area of the piston end is 0.012 square inches. Apply 50 pounds of leg force, you're generating over 4,000 PSI. Think of a hydraulic car jack. With the mechanical advantage of the linkage, you're pressurizing that piston to some extreme PSI, but again, it would require a zillion strokes to fill a tank up with air to 3,000 PSI.

Dork hat is off now! :lol:

Steve Ellsworth
05-11-2007, 09:52 PM
just your average pcp air rifle pump
puts 3k lbs in an air rifle easy enough

K check your pm

mckeenh
06-18-2008, 11:15 PM
I think you guys are putting some funny parsley in your spegetti sauce.either that or you eat alot of beans.

Neil:yesnod: