PDA

View Full Version : deer in yard

Steve Lindsay
11-19-2011, 06:09 PM
This deer was visiting the shop yard this morning. :)

http://engravingschool.com/forum-pics/deer-IMG_2497-a.jpg

http://engravingschool.com/forum-pics/deer-_DSC6553-a.jpg

http://engravingschool.com/forum-pics/deer-_DSC6510-a.jpg

ihsfab
11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Nice young one.

Mike Anders
11-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Steve those are some nice pics of Nebraska but wheres all the corn?:biggrin[1]:

Steve Lindsay
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Deer ate it all. :)

chujybear
11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
I think your cat is thinking 'how tasty'

DakotaDocMartin
11-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Mmmmm! Venison on the hoof! :thumb[1]:

rbaptiste
11-20-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi Steve, your cat is very lucky to watch a lot animals ;-) Maybe it is more happy to be on the picture ;-)

WVEngraver
11-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Deer ate it all. :)

LOL!!!! Yep, that sounds like my first and last experience in farming. $300 bucks for electric fence, $100 additional in water, $50 bucks in seed .... all for $125 bucks in vegetables in which the deer still took half. LOL!!

Thus this week begins the slaughter for PAYBACK!!! God willing and the out of staters don't shoot everything in sight including cattle and the neighborhood pets. :biggrin[1]:

hand e dave
11-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Great pics, Steve. Gee, green grass and no snow, you are lucky ! Up here we have two colours, white (snow) and blue (sky), I can't wait for spring. Enjoy your weather.

Jeff Miller
11-20-2011, 03:31 PM
It's neat to see deer that close up.When I lived in NW IN we would have deer walk through our yard often,even met a coyote going to work one morning.Since I've moved south though I rarely see deer,go figure?

hand e dave it's supposed to be 77 for the high here Tues.,warm weather is nice but it's just not winter without snow!

Barry Lee Hands
11-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Makes me hungry.

SEngraver
11-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi Steve L,

The photographs are great,thanks.
I too am are hungry now, are you allowed to shoot or trap them for personal use and consumption ( for their meat only) ?

MO:yo[1]:

JJ Roberts
11-25-2011, 05:16 AM
I see drug free venision on the hoof,the dealer next to me at the gun show has a young buck as a pet.Gary was driving back to his farm when he noticed a road kill,it was a doe.He drag the doe off the road and into the woods and noticed the doe's new born fawn.Gary took the new born home and bottle feed it with goats milk,it's now a year old with 2 inch horns.The buck runs free on the farm and comes in the house.Gary told my wife and I he has rescued other critters,cats,dogs,opossums.:biggrin[1]: Is that a great story. J.J.

mrthe
11-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Great pics! you are lucky in having these seen from your window ....and your assistant too!

tomlittle
11-25-2011, 06:38 AM
SEngraver,

Dear hunting is a very popular sport here and a very necessary tool to help keep the deer population in control. In some parts of the country, the dear would overrun the land if they aren't managed. I lived in Michigan a few years back and the whole state almost comes to a standstill during dear season because it is so popular.

SEngraver
11-25-2011, 11:50 PM
SEngraver,

Dear hunting is a very popular sport here and a very necessary tool to help keep the deer population in control. In some parts of the country, the dear would overrun the land if they aren't managed. I lived in Michigan a few years back and the whole state almost comes to a standstill during dear season because it is so popular.

Hi Tomlittle,

Thank you ,The "cropping " is important as you say the deer would over run the land.
I can only admire the folks in Michigan during the dear hunting season.
Does one need a permit,licence or some kind of permission for the hunt ? and as to how many each person can hunt ?

SE:yo[1]:

DakotaDocMartin
11-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Tomlittle,

Does one need a permit,licence or some kind of permission for the hunt ? and as to how many each person can hunt ?

The purchase of licenses to hunt deer in most of the states is by a lottery drawing. They oftentimes have early and late seasons, antlered, antlerless, deer gun (high powered rifles or shotguns with slugs), muzzle loader, bow season, etc. Then, there may be additional drawings as necessary. Here in North Dakota it's often possible to take 5 or more deer per person. We have whitetails and mule deer which are considered two species so they each have a season.

Then there are the moose, elk (wapiti), pronghorn antelope... etc. :thumb[1]:

Sam Welch
11-26-2011, 06:34 PM
You guys keep talking about being hungery so I appropriately shot this photo out the dining room window.

Hybridfiat
11-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Yum Yum :drool5:
All we have are snakes and bandicoots :ack2:

SEngraver
11-27-2011, 04:25 AM
Hi,

Thank you Doc.Martin. :thumb[1]: That must be an awesome time for all deer stalkers and it must also be conducive for the local towns business -wise.

SE:yo[1]: