PDA

View Full Version : small time jeweler tries his hand at engraving what do you think?

busan321
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
hi I'm new to engraving and i wanted to poke my head in and say hi as well as i tried to engrave my first actual project today instead of just doodling on random scraps of metal and was wandering what you thought of it be it good bad or ugly i am curious to hear your opinion on my first semi-serious attempt so here it is it on a zippo lighter that i had laying around

chujybear
08-29-2012, 10:34 PM
For what it's worth, I like it. Not the usual fare around these parts.. I feel wild thing chic. The couple letters you laid down might be a little haywire, but who's counting.

Chris Botha
08-30-2012, 02:35 AM
Any effort is a move forward, and being happy to post it and invite critique shows strength of resolve. I have still not engraved anything commercially so you are one better than me.

as for the design?

I think I dated her once.....

busan321
08-30-2012, 01:08 PM
i should have laid all that out but it was all freehand and it did go a little fun house mirror looking on me

Cookie
09-03-2012, 06:12 PM
busan321,
Bravo, great effort! I am sure you are excited about posting your first try today. I takes a lot of fortitude & determination to produce a piece of self inspired work. You are your biggest critic I'm sure. I and others are looking forward to your next contribution, keep up the good work ! Best Regards Cookie:hurray[1]:

hobochief
09-08-2012, 07:34 PM
super way to start,,, will look for more in the future, Rollie/ HOBOCHIEF