PDA

View Full Version : kudos to the Lindsay palm graver

boston
08-25-2007, 03:49 PM
I just recived my new Lindsay palm graver. I have owned the classic version for about three years now and have been quite satisfied with it. Due to an ankle injury, I have been having some endurance issues with using a footpedal for some time now and the prospect of "palm control" has been enticing.

As I become more familiar with this tool, I am amazed by the overwhelming feeling of freedom that comes from eliminating the footpedal (and the accompanying physical and mental distraction that goes with it). This is much more than just relief from ankle pain; this is about a more fluid and relaxed channeling of the engraver to the engraving (from the artist to the art).

I most likely will never go back to a footpedal device again.

I cannot thank Steve Lindsay enough for this intuitive contribution to my personal workspace. I am quite sure it will prove to be the most treasured tool in my arsenal.
:hurray:

Gail Williams
Hand Engraver
Williams Flutes
Boston, MA

Mcahron
08-26-2007, 04:11 PM
I would very much like to purchase your used classic if you are no longer using it.I currently use a N'Graver and its quite heavy and with arthritis my hands fatique quickly..Congratulations on the Palm control, It is one sweet tool.

Tom White
08-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Gail,

I must agree with you I have arthritis and also have had a knee implant and am possibly looking at another surgery and with the PalmControl the knee work will not slow me down a bit. Steve has made it possible for me to engrave as I was unable to use the GRS machinery without my hands being swollen and painful but no problems with the Linsay tools.

Tom White

jlseymour
08-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Gail,
You are having too much fun...
I thought you tried Ray's out when we were in school...
Using Ray's is what sold me on the PC...
I may get the new one Steve just came out w/the foot control just to do stippling and sell my Gravemax, 901 and monarch... About the only thing I use it for is stippling...
Good Luck and hope to see Ya'll someday...
Jerry