PDA

View Full Version : hot pepper sauce

Steve Lindsay
05-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Harold has a pizza business called Chubby's and have their own hot pepper sauce. He sent some here for a gift (Thank you Harold!!!). My son Bryce and I tried a little on chips last night. YUUMMM and WOWWW! The stuff is good and VERY hot! :thumbsup: My eyes are still watering. We love it Harold! Bryce and I like hot. Bryce just came in the shop looking for Zack.. one of our cats. He said he was going to put a little on the cat's tongue. Jeeezzz... I told him not to do it... His sister and mother would torture him if they found out. Here is a link to Harold's site "Chubby's Peppers". chubbyspeppers.com (http://www.chubbyspeppers.com)

Steve

Harold
05-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Thank you for the nice words.

The peepers are a 20 year Recipe. My dad started the shops and past away a few years back. I now take care of my two shops. We have 7 total but they are owned by other family or franchised. I started canning the peppers 3 years ago. I now have it all over the U.S.,some in Canada and Mexico. I am still new in the world on mass distribution and not sure I want the headache. I will be bring some to the show to hand out.

If anyone would like a jar I can hook you up.

I just had a local art teacher paint my some pictures of the Chubbys man doing fun things. I will be selling prints on the web site soon. I am working on colored Titanium name plates for all my girls now.

Harold
05-20-2006, 08:24 AM
My peppers are a mixture of a pepper relish,soybean oil and the secret stuff(ingredients are on jar). At Chubbys we mainly use it on our subs. The people that buy it get crazy and put it on everything. I have a sauce that you brush on chicken,steak and I have mixed it into my hamburger then grilled it. That was real good.I fried a blender trying to blend the stuff and it isn't for sale to the public yet. I was at a food show and bought a 3/4 hp food blender that does work very well. Steve does have a jar of that too. At the store we see who can eat the most spoon fulls. You will like it or not there isn't a real between with this stuff.

I must say it is real hard to get into the food distribution. I need a lot of cash/credit(250,000.00) and finding people to ask how to do it is a joke. The one's that have done it are rich and can't be found or broke.

Big-Un
05-27-2006, 11:18 AM
There are plenty of "Private label" manufacturers out there that will do it for you. I'll get some info and send it your way later...gotta go now, its our anniversary and my sweet one wants to go shopping.

Harold
05-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Thank you for any help you can offer.

Steve Ellsworth
05-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Thought you might enjoy this

Harold
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
:lol:

Now that is an idea.