PDA

View Full Version : Want to start air engraver

elgallego
05-30-2013, 12:08 AM
Hello every one, my name is JR Vazquez (elgallego). I star engrave in wood with a Shofu Air engraver. I want to know is my system is compatible, for used the Stainless and Damascus handles for PalmControl® AirGravers and if I need also the CarbaltXD™ Blanks. Thank you.

Dave London
05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Hi :welcome[1]: to the forum
Well the system you have is rotary and the Lindsay airgraver is a pneumatic hammer. So the bottom line is no:cheers2[1]:

elgallego
05-30-2013, 07:21 PM
Dave,
Thank you so much for your welcome. I know the Shofu is a rotary system, but I have the compressor, valve and pedal that I cant connect the Palm Control AirGravers.
If I have the compressor air system I just need the Palm Control AirGravers and the graver steels?

Dave London
05-31-2013, 12:10 PM
yep a regulated compressed air source (clean and dry) hook up the palm control and go to it. the gravers are 3/32 square I use the carbalt and HHS. the sharpening system will save a lot of headache simple to use and a perfect point every time and you will be doing a lot of sharpening:cheers2[1]:

elgallego
05-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Dave,
Thanks for your great help.:thankyou[1]:

Dave London
05-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Of I remember right Steve supplies a pre ground graver. Don't use it keep it as a reference

elgallego
05-31-2013, 10:57 PM
OK, Thank you :thankyou[1]:

dlilazteca
06-03-2013, 11:36 AM
check for my youtube video my user name is carlos delao i have a video of a lindsay classic unboxing...I also own a shofu both are different systems but you do use the same compressor

gmgunsmith
07-03-2013, 07:50 PM
A good 3/4 HP 4 gallon air compressor is suitable to run a combination of pneumatic systems.

As you can see in this picture I have both a 400,000 RPM rotary and a Lindsay AirGraver, each with its own regulator ganged together to support the different air pressures needed.

http://www.gmgunsmiths.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_0846x800.jpg

All of the air fittings, hoses, and regulators are available at most well equipped hardware stores such as harbor Freight, ACE, etc. I didn't find any reasonably priced regulators at Home Deport or Loews. Both Home Deport and Loews have a good assortment of small diameter pressure hose.

http://www.gmgunsmiths.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/IMG_0842x800.jpg

Here's the restoration project (http://www.gmgunsmiths.com/?p=38)for an old shotgun that will be engraved later.

hobochief
07-04-2013, 06:00 AM
You are in luck as at the Orange County Convention Center there will be both the Classic and Palm Control up and running THurs Fri and Sat next weekend. FUN SHOW www.funtopics.com will give you directions and come to the HOBO NICKEL Table and use the tools all day. WE will have optivisor's and microscopes and gravers and sharpening systems available to use and Lindsay Brochures to place your order from. Please join us just ask for the HOBO TABLE somewhere in the 300-400 table numbers.