View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Platinum

Default Announcement: New Set of Sharpening Templates !

In the past weeks i was experimenting in a new templates set for the Lindsay Sharpening System , basically are thought for the hobo nickels carvers but they serve generally for any type of engravings, the idea was to reproduce with simplicity all the points that I use more to engrave nickels ,with the minor number of templates.
Finally, after talk with Steve, with its support and help, we have taken ahead the idea and the final result has been this Set of 3 Templates.

With this set you can sharp a lot of differents points:

- 50 V degree point without heels for detailing and very fine shading
- 50 V degree point with heels for medium and deep lines and for prepare inlay work
- Flat graver point
- Flat rounded corner point ,for easy background removal,the rounded corner reduce marks,especially usefull for hobo nickel carving
- Flat big radius point for sculpting works
- Stippling square point
- Stippling round point
- Sculpting Punch point in various geometries (round ,square and rectangle)
- Small round point

50 V degree point

Flat point

Flat Rounded Corner Point

detail of the rounded corner flat heels

Flat Radius Point

Square Stippling Point

Round Stippling Point

Small Round Point

Sculpting Punch

In the next days i will upgrade this post with videos and tutorials on how to sharp with these set of templates, although their use is very simple.

I think that this set will be avaible very soon,in the nexts days in the Steve's online tools catalog, i hope you will enjoy it!

A special thanks to Steve to his kindness and for support and help me with my "strange" experiments

Heare the first video:

How to Sharp the sculpting punch point with a 90 degree face

Using the rounded flat corner and the sculting punch points

How to sharp the rounded corners in the flat point