View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Palm Control Air Usage

As for the actual time you can get out of a Paintball Compressed Air Tank, it depends on the tank size, psi rating of the tank, and whether you are using a PC handle or the foot pedal controller.

There is a post on using a Carbon Fiber Air tank with the AirGraver that I posted some time ago.

I put a message in the post to move it up.

The real positive side of this is, you can use Steve's CO2 regulator directly on the paintball air tank most of the time.

I purchased a Carbon Fiber Air tank that came with a built-in reducing regulator, it reduces the 4,500 psi pressure in the tank down to about 800-900 psi discharge pressure.

I don't know for sure that ALL the Compressed Air tanks for paintball guns have this regulator built-in to the tank, but every one that I saw in the case had it.

But this makes using a paintball tank much easier to set up than a scuba tank, because this reducing regulator is already in place for the secondary regulator to bring the pressure down to working pressure for the AirGraver.

And if you already have a scuba tank, you can get a fitting for $35 that allows you to refill the paintball tank several times from the scuba tank.

The regulator that Steve sold me for my CO2 tanks is rated to 1000 psi, or about that.

I hate to quote actual psi’s with this post because things can change, a maker could change a part in one of the regulators mentioned and all of this is wrong.

Please check the ratings on anything that you purchase.

That regulator screws directly onto the carbon fiber tank, and that is all you need.

The post explains the rest of what you need to know.

I have estimated that I should get about 50-60 hours out of my tank, but that is a guess.
And that assumes you remember to turn it off for the night or weekend so you don't waste a lot of air.

If you need any help, just ask.

Tim C