View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Platinum

Default Re: ---Mike's Contest Submission Discussion---

This is a re-post of MikeDubber's contest submission, found here. If you'd like to discuss or give comments on Mike's submission, this is the place to do it. :D

You can read about the current contest, its $2100 in prizes, and how to enter here, as well as see all of the contest entries in the contest sub-forum here. Enjoy! Kaitlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDubber
The Lindsay PalmControl was born for this kind of fine detail!

Furthermore, the lightness of touch allows the engraver to engrave on soft 24K gold with confidence. I used the PalmControl at its lightest setting and it took very little "push" to accuratley guide the Lindsay System Universal grind graver throught the cuts. This Browning Citori action was hand-polished to a very bright sheen and good photography (for me) was difficult, but you can see some of the detail.

Now I'm ready to return it to Browning for bluing and reassembly, and after that it will be forwarded to the Colorado Ducks Unlimited organization so they can start promoting the gun for the State auction. It will not be possible for me to show the gun on this Tutorial after it is blued.