View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: The results are in

Well spoken, now quit video conferencing and make some metal chips:whoo:

I meant to add this to the post that was referred to on the Cafe' but never did, so I’ll add it here. My infringement comments on that post were meant to shed light on why we customers are angry to a point about this.

All the work a guy puts into an invention in the way of money, time, patenting, then manufacture should count for something. Then the competition comes along, copies its concept after it’s patented and then thumbs their nose arrogantly as though patent law doesn’t apply to them and spreads negative press about the others product to promote their own copied version of the tool. I heard these negative press comments first hand and felt it was very unprofessional and said so to them directly. Despite this attempt to pursuade them to correct their tactics nicely, GRS and their employees continue in this misinformation to try to tear down the appeal of the Palm Control tool and promote their version of it. This type of flippant corporate attitude toward this sensitive issue creates friction that we all feel until there is a fair and just resolution to it and ultimately closure.

We all see this going on and are tired of it for a variety of reasons and justifiably so. Indeed, some engravers have gone so far as to put their own personal boycott on GRS because of it. None of us like to see companies do the wrong thing just for the sake of sales and profit, especially when it hurts anothers business and livelihood. That ever present underlying friction caused by the offensive stance taken by Glendo is the root cause of all this turmoil. That’s my opinion on the whole darned thing from what I’ve read and seen first hand; it’s just plain unethical and folks are sick of it. The sad part is that none of this had to happen if proper ethics were practiced.

The other thing I meant to say was that Richard’s original post was a tool comparison and critique report. The thread he started got hijacked and turned into something else by other posters that implied that some newbies think they can become a master engraver magically just because they have one tool or the other and that wasn’t at all the topic and I’ve never read or heard where anyone thought that way. That would be silly. Seems these tool opinion threads get turned around like that often for some reason.