View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Copper

Default Re: Inexpensive way to give it a try

Wow... impressive work! I'm extremely interested in trying my hand to see what I got. As a tattoo artist I have always had an appreciation for old-world crafts and trades, as well as the artwork and patterns. I use a lot of the lattice and filigree and calligraphy styles in my artwork already.

My question, apologies if it's already been answered, is where would one look to buy these tools locally? as far as the cheap way to get started (times are rough for everyone lately), could these simple tools be purchased in a hobby shop or ACE hardware or will I be better off purchasing online? I wish I could spend 200-300 for the basic start-up kits but right now this just isn't an option.

also, is there anyplace online where I could search for used tools? I looked around on ebay but didn't really see much of anything there.

Thank to Steve and all the other members for the great resource here! One of my favorite aspects of the interwebs is how simple it has become to learn new things. I've already spent a few hours scrolling through photos and tutorials etc... the gears are already turning!