View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Platinum

Default Re: NitroG20 vs Classic: Buying Questionaire

Unless you are extremely sensitive to vibration any hand ache will be more likely from holding the graver too tightly and long or/and using the wrong grip as most new engravers do. The piston is the only weight that matters, it is the 'hammer' any object it strikes just transfers the energy to the tip as it cuts into the metal so less mass after the piston will provide a sharper blow. The hardness the graver can cut is limited by the hardness of the graver itself and the physical properties of the object being engraved.

I believe the Nitro is used to produce larger engravings on large objects. It offers an easier way to make wide and deep flare cuts in harder metals like steel and stainless steel. The PalmControl will give you the most intuitive and easy way to use a power graver, it's the way to go. I think unless you are doing large flare cut work exclusively I would go with the Classic it offers the widest use and if you must have a Nitro for larger work you and order the nitro set up as a PalmControl for about $1,100 and use your Classic PalmControl cap, very economical and wide possibilities of use.

Bob