View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Platinum

Default Re: What should I get?

First, Thanks for your service!

Now then:

I'm one of the ones fortunate enough to have both systems. In my opinion it's hard to go wrong getting either of the air-assisted systems unless you have a special circumstance (which can include one of them just not working for you).

In your case I think that the portability of Steve's system is a key factor for you - odds are good that you'll be moving around a lot and may spend some time where space (among other things) is very limited. The fact that Steve's systems don't need electricity is a plus for travel as well.

Check out the thread I did on my Box O' Happiness - it's a complete engraving system in a toolbox. I prefer my bench - especially my microscope. I love my microscope! :love:

But you know, being able to sit down pretty much anywhere and do some engraving - that's nice! :thumbsup:

If you can afford the price difference the PalmControl has major advantages - it's even more portable, you can engrave standing up (I have no touch on the foot pedal standing up), there's one less thing to learn to work (some people have trouble learning the pedal), it's just generally nicer.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album