View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Platinum

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

Whey I Bought a Air-Graver!!
I halve Always been Artistic, Since a young Age, No Formal Art Training, My Parents was Too Poor to Send Us to a Formal School, ( 6 Kids) and the Big Depression,!!
Going to School in The Winter Was Fun, You Got to Stick Your Bare Feet into Warm Cow Dung in the Mornings Going to School to Warm Them Up From The Frost,!! ( 1.5km Walk to the Bus)
Bless There Souls, They Gave me the Ability to Wan’t to Learn More,!! To Wan't More and to Be The Best You Can,To Take What I can,!! For Myself, Because You CAN.!!:willy_nilly:
Always Dabbled into Anything that is Interesthing, I did Custom Painting on Motorcycles,Hot Rods, Murals, Won Numorous Awards,!! Did Fish Mountings!! Many Big Game Fish, The Biggest was a Marlin 650kg.
Did Sculptures, Artwork in leather, None of these Brought in Money,!! But The Satisfaction was Great, I DID IT!!
Then in Later Years I wanted to Learn About Engraving? Some Teachers,!! ? No Go!!
I can Count The Engravers, Professionals? on One Hand in South Africa,!!
That I Think is Why There is NO Appreciation for the ART, They Are Not Informed,
That is The Cliental out Here!!
You Will Find That A lot Of Local Knifemakers, in the Last Two Years, have invested in ENGRAVERS and some have been to Training Courses Oversees, Your Country!!, But Will They Divulge, Any Info, NO, NO, NO, I paid for My Course,!! So Should You!!
That is When I decide to Invest in my Own Engraver, I Think That I’m Doing O.K. That is To Local Standards, Way Below the Forum Standard of Even A Good Engraver!!
But The Clients Out Here Don’t Know Anything Different.!!
That Is Bad,!! Why Should I, or Even Try To Present Anything Below Standard!!
Just Because they Are Ignorant? NO I must Strive To Present My Outmost Best!!
To My Ability, and a Fair Price!!
I Had A Double carpal tunnel release about 16 years ago, the Palms are Still very Touchy, Therefore the Most Advanced Tool for my Problem, The LINDSAY Classic!!

Thanks Steve!!

"If you are patient in one Moment of Anger,
You will Escape a hundred Days of Sorrow."

Last edited by ChrisB; 05-18-2007 at 09:40 AM.