View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Artisan vs. Classic

Gravy, I start learning engraving last year and my condition is similar to you. I also try hand push on copper to see if I can go further before I purchase any expensive tools (to me all engraving tools are rather expensive except the most important one_blank graver). I don't encourage people to buy expensive tools from the very beginning but experience told me: buy the very best you can afford from the very beginning, no matter it is engraving, playing guitar, violin, machining or photography. But before you made the decision, make sure you love that kind of art and you will not quit easily, then every money you spend is worth and the tool/equipment will accompany with you for many many years. Just my opinion.

I cannot tell you the different between Steve's tools as I got only the Palm control. Steve do have a return policy and if you found the item is not suitable for you, you can return it to him. Don't worry about Steve's product quality and service, he is far far better than the bad Victor business!!! Maybe you can visit Jimzim75 and try his one......

I am not a salesman of Steve, I always think his item is "crazy expensive" (sorry Steve, it is just my though) but I have no hesitation to buy his Palm control by the first time I found his website (by that time I have already bought another system for just one month, they don't accept return!!! I have to let that system dusting!!!!), I am very happy with my Palm control since I open the parcel .... Worth!!!

First of all, you need to make sure if you love engraving or not, otherwise, no matter what tools you are going to buy, the result is seeing them on e-bay... or at a corner of your workshop for dusting!!!

Zernike