View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Copper

Default Re: Lindsay or Grs system

Daniel ,

this is my personal advice , ; check first if the small CO2 cartridges are the same in Europe and USA .
.. my intuition tells me : they are not !
..and with tight budget at the moment you want to buy by priority order .
Purchase Classic hand piece with Palm Control . This way you don't have mess with foot control pedal and additional tubings . But if you can't afford palm control the pedal- foot control is still far less to deal with than GRS box and other bookie things on your bench . Later on you can convert your hand piece in to palm control. The palm Control is not only less complicated stuff to carry around ( only one tubbing between CO2 or air supply and hand piece ) but is also finest tune up system , in another words you can set up very fine idle and gentle start . There is nothing in the world which work so fine like this system . ,
What you really need for start is :
1. Classic hand piece ...is up to you if you can afford Palm Control or not ? .. ( i would give up the computer for that )
2. Pressure regulator ..i think is $75 which you mount on your bench .
those two things purchase from Steve Lindsay , is already prepared with all the fitting you need .
3. Then you need to find out about CO2 cylinder in your country and another ( first stage ) pressure regulator which will have standard fit to the CO2 cylinder ... (also in your country ) Buy a big cylinder which will last a month or two before you need to refill . Or purchase air compressor and Lindsay pressure regulator will work on any pressure supply regardless if is air or CO2.
The small cylinders are good for backup when you have no electricity or your main CO2 cylinder empty , Or portability when you need to work some other shop . The small 25 grams cylinder last only 20 minutes and if is not use completely more likely will leak out over few days . Is not practical for professional work .
So.. if i would be in your shoes , I would get the little bigger cylinder the 20 OZ . one as back up , and proper regulator for it which is also at Lindsay tool list . Is beautifully precisely made and i remember right ; it cost somewhere around $ 175 .
..But again check first if you can purchase those cylinders in Holland and be able to refill them .
... is not priority for now when you have tight budget .

Good luck ,
Stan