View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Steel

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

1.Why or what prompted you to buy an AirGraver?

I was not at all satisfied with my Gravermeister. The noise drove me nuts, the handpiece was cumbersome and I had a difficult time keeping my foot OFF the pedal which caused many little pock marks in the work. I had the opportunity to try a Palm Control airtool at Scott's Engrave-in a few years ago. I attended with the main goal of trying and comparing this with the Gravermate/max. I was so impressed with the Palm Control, I never asked to try the GRS thingy. I have been using push gravers from day one, so the Lindsay PC was just like the tool I was used to using, but with so many advantages.

2.Besides the AirGraver, what other products would you like to see come from Lindsay Tool?

I do have an idea that would be beneficial to western style engravers. I've seen a few attempts at this type of tool about 25 years ago, but the inventor was not satisfied with his device saying it needed further development. He is no longer with us and I'm sure Steve could figure out how to do this right should he decide to. I won't mention what it is because I'd rather not see anyone else beat him to the punch with an inferior product should he decide to pursue it.

3.Who has been the biggest influence in your life with regards to engraving, and why?

Probably my grandparents. They had a lot of hand engraved things... silverware, and engraved glass goblets. I was always fascinated with the crisp, fine lines. Also, George Bickley, a master jewelry engraver I apprenticed for in Denver taught me a lot of engraving "tricks" and about running a trade shop and finally, the instructors at Gem City College where I learned the basics.

4.What are your goals in engraving?

I've already achieved most of my original goals, and just looking to continually improve the quality of my work. Also, I hope to change it up a bit and try some gun engraving and motorcycle engraving and develop some fresh design motifs for these projects.