View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Palm Control Air Usage

Lee - I added a little bit of aluminum strip to the bottom of the box so the tank + regulator can't slide around. The strip runs under the 'low spot' of the assembly and keeps the knob of the regulator rasied off of the bottom. I keep an apron in the box and it lays (folded up) over the regulator to help protect it. Even if the knob did manage to get turned I also have the switch valve in the 'off' position so both things would have to get moved to cause a leak. I do my best not to let The Box take any jolts strong enough I'd have to worry about that happening.

Tim
The CO2 is a liquid / gas mix (primarily liquid) while the HPA is just gas so that's the big part of the pressure difference. In the end it's all about the total volume of gas at 'standard' (feeding the regulator) pressure each tank has. Someone who's a lot better at the math than I am should be able to figure out approximately how many cubic inches of gas each tank can produce at, say, 150psi so we can tell which one really holds more.

:thinking:

To me it's just an interesting question. Since both methods work well I see it as more a question of which set up is best for the particular user. I was able to find CO2 stuff easiest so I went that way. From what I've read anyone who's into scuba (or has easy access to scuba stuff) is probably better off with HPA. From your experience it sounds like someone who really needs to get more than one full day out of a tank is also better off with HPA.

It's good to have choices, isn't it?

Just noticed: you're getting 40+ hours with a Palm Control. That may be the difference - it uses significantly less air than the Classic's foot pedal. Anyone with a Classic use HPA? What are the run times you're getting. Same question for anyone using CO2 with a Palm Control.

Steve :->
(KCSteve in most forums)
SVD's Photo Album