View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Platinum

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

I want to thank everyone that answered this post, it is interesting to see how many of you started out.
I guess I should answer it too.

1. I studied all the power assist tools around and had decided on two brands, the Lindsay and GRS. After I started to add up the cost of all the parts that go with the GRS tool, I saw that it was more expensive in the long run. It also was designed with springs, which are sure to break one day. In fact there were just too many parts to break.

The Lindsay design was flawless, simple and easy to maintain.

It was also the tool that "Master Engravers" put their money down to buy, the GRS tool was given out to Master Engravers to get them to use it, but the Lindsay tool was the one that they would go out to buy.

I knew then, that was the tool for me.

But that wasn't the end of it for me. I had just been through major surgery for a broken neck, I had nerve damage in both hands and was lucky to just be alive.

When I called Steve to place the order, he was resistant, he didn't want to sell me the tool.

He was conserned that the nerve damage would keep me from engraving and I would be unable to use the tool.

Steve didn't want to take advantage of someone by taking their money that may not be able to use the tool.
Do you think that any other manufacturer would care if they were taking my money?

I explained to him that I wouldn't hold him responsible if I couldn't use the tool.
I was using learning to engrave to teach my hands to work again. The doctors were giving me hand/eye exercises and the hand/eye coordination that engraving by hand would give me was perfect.

It would give me the strength and control I needed to get rid of the weakness and shaking that comes with nerve damage . This is why you don't see me post my work...

2. I'd like to see a left handed version of the PCH, where the hose comes out isn't the best location for left-handers.

3. Steve, of course, along with every writer that ever wrote a book on engraving I can get my hands on.

4. One day to become certified as an "engraver", that would be something I would be proud of.

Thanks again,
Tim