View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Platinum

Default Cutting with the NITRO G20

WHAT A PIECE OF PERFECTION!!!
I have about all the GRS equiptment you would need to become a great engraver, but it wasn't complete...
I was impressed with Steve's palm graver and wanted to use one before I bought one, so I found Ray Covers School of Fine Art Engraving on this forum and called about his intermediate classes, I was impressed with his web site and the engraving work he has done on his web plus he has all the diffrent engraving equiptment with no salesrep to sell you something... I used his Palm Graver for a week and before the week was finished I ask Ray to call Steve and tell him I have to have one and would he overnight one or just drive down to St. Louis ares and we could go to lunch...
Well I know now that there's waiting list and sometimes it maybe 3 to 5 weeks wait...OK I'll Wait... I got home 4/28/07 and the next week or so I was getting more and more excited...
I played with my GRS equipt for the wait period and have only picked it up 2 or 3 times after just to compare the two... Now I may sell it and put the $$$ toward another Palm graver or whatever Steve is cooking up...
Also in Rays Class was Paul Hamler so, you know I had to have his Sharpening Device, That made life so much easier, Everyones Got to have one... Also Paul brought some Cobalt 2mm drill and 3/32" square brass tubing that he fashioned into gravers, what a great graver and IDEA...
Another Class member was a Lady that Manufactors and Engraves Flutes...Plat,18K,14K,Silver, WOW!!!
www.williamsflute.com
Gail Williams had her Lindsay Tool she brought with her as did Paul Hamler...

Oh, I was the only one in the class that didn't have a Palm Graver, that should tell you something...
OhYea' Ray Has All the GRS Equipt so I was at home for a short time...
Check out Ray School!!!
www.rcoverengraving.com
Thanks Ray
Thanks Paul
Thanks Gail

JL Seymour

Last edited by jlseymour; 05-20-2007 at 02:46 PM.