View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 12:02 AM
Steel

Default Re: what prompted you to buy an AirGraver

This thread seemed better suited for an introduction, so I hope it's ok to revive it.

I've been wanting to make a change with my own direction in art lately. Spent the last 15 years riding the bleeding edge in digital art (3d/animation) working in video games. I feel like I need a new outlet. My career started out as a hobby, and turned into a good paying job. I'd like to take this approach again with engraving. Had no expectations when I started out in 3d, just followed my heart to see where it led. I feel that is a good approach to walking down this new path. I'm also hoping that some of my digital sculpting skills will transfer over to this new medium. Should be an interesting experiment for me at the least.

I'm no stranger to the need for good equipment, and I've always invested my income back into my tools. I'm looking forward to producing real, physical objects that one can hold in their hands. I've always loved old world, handmade things, so I want to try my hand at producing some myself. For that I need tools. My research has led me here, and I've got about 90% of the Tools on this site in my shopping list now! (ouch!). It's going to take me some time to get everything I want, but for now I've ordered some of the books on this site to continue my research and for inspiration while I save. Next I'll purchase the hand tools and practice old school to get a feel for and appreciation for the craft. But my plan is to get my hands on the classic palm control as quickly as possible in order to progress and produce as much as I can as fast as I can! The testimonies I've read here have completely sold me on the air graver.

I have to say this forum is a wonderful find on this big ol' internet. Such amazing talent, passion, and downright good, helpful people. I'd like to stick around for that. I've been having a blast going back through all the old threads.

So, greetings all! Pleased to meet you!

James