View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Default Re: PalmControl photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrthe View Post
Steve can i buy the wood handle for my foot control and after use the same if i upgrade in the future?
Before I drill the two holes in the back of the burl handles these handles will work to be used on the foot pedal AirGravers. If used on the foot pedal tool I epoxy a burl wood insert into the handle and then a rubber cap goes in there that is pushed over the body of the foot pedal AirGraver. If later you would like to use the same wood handle for the PalmControl we would need to get that wood insert out and then I would drill the holes in the back of the handle for working with a PC. I'm concerned though that we wouldn't be able to get the wood insert out if I epoxy it in. So maybe we could instead use shellac for glue. These way we could soak the handle in alcohol and it would dissolve the shellac and the insert would hopefully come out. If you think you may be interested in a handle for your foot pedal AirGraver but would later like to use the same one on a PC let me know and I see of the shellac idea works.

Here is a photo from the AirGraver site of the handle on a foot pedal Classic.

EngravingArtist.com