View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Platinum

Default Re: What should I get?

Hi,

In may opinion there is really only one choice a Airgraver. ether Classic or Artisan.

I have done the research and own a Magnagraver or N graver with varipac and changeable collets for metal or wood, but just ordered a Classic.

The Magnagraver works great for the Classic hammer and chisel look to very nice steel engraving but it does work on a flex shaft and really shakes up your hand due to the springs and imbalance. Still a great tool to the price.
It is much cheaper than almost everything on the market as far as power engravers go that can do steel without a problem. I will keep it without a doubt.

The Airgraver ether the classic or the artisan is in my opinion the most advanced tool on the market bar none. With a Palm Control (wish list) or without is surpasses anything on the market. The Classic is about the same price as the gravermax or mach that you mentioned once you add the headpiece (or headpieces) to be able to do what one classic can do without the workspace clutter. Add something that kind of imitates the Palm control and you have even more workspace taken up.

Your will rarely find a used airgraver for sale and if so it is gone at close to the original price. (Quite a investment that holds it’s price).

It is also has a 3 year warrantee and is a custom hand made tool and Steve Linsay personally makes and supports his products.

Since you have time see how many used power engravers are up for sale on the Ebay market. There is a reason people are selling them. I have never seen a airgraver on ebay and Very seldom a magnagraver.

All the power engravers (the big 3) (Linsay Airgraver, Magnagraver and Grs) can do gun steel. Spending a decent amount of money I only want to invest in the best tool once.
So the answer was simple to me buy the best airgraver you can afford.

You get a custom most advanced tool in the world, you will not loose much if any money if you have to sell it, have great support/warrentee and a clean workbench. It doesn't get much better than that (except a real palm control)

AirAmp