Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > WaterCooler
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Gold

Default Zihuatanejo Bombing?

Just heard that some one lobbed a couple of grenades at the police station in Zihuatanejo, Mexico on Saturday and now the local police are all on strike!

Joseph, I sure hope you're safe and keeping your head down!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Platinum

Default Re: Zihuatanejo Bombing?

I live about 20k'sfrom Zihua on a beach, so I am quite safe.The situation is not nice in the surrounding towns,Mayors, police and narco trafficers are being assinated every day. The man who threw the grenade had a grudge against the police and is now claiming temporary insanity.
Its common to read the local paper and see reports of assinations,beheadings,and general murders amoungst the narco trafficers. But the people are friendly here.Thanks for thinking of me,we are fine.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Platinum

The news (propaganda) here ... Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck are saying Mexico is almost in a civil war.

........and Mumbles Van Susteren is talking about Sarah Palin??

Stay safe Joseph. Things will spill over here and the crap will hit the fan when the lefties start the forced registrations and bans. All because illegal immigrant gangbangers insist on killing each other in the inner cities over dope.

Chris
Old 02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Gold

Send a message via Yahoo to tonytigerhk45

got this off one of my other sites that keep me informed on the gun scene.

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

Don't know who's backside he has his head up in. But that's like saying fly's cause garbage.

Here is the site. It is for local NC, SC gun community but all are welcome.
http://carolinashootersforum.com/index.php
Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Platinum

The Narco wars have taken a deadly turn for the worse here in my area.
The place that I have chosen for it's peace and beauty has been under attack.Yesterday a police car was blown up while travelling on the highway, killing the chief of police and three officers.On the same day the Mayor of Petalan was shot and killed in front of the Municipal Palace in broad daylight;The assassin escaped.
The town is now under curfew aftr 10Pm.
On Wed. night near the same town Federal police gave pursuit to a car with three men in it,they abandoned the car with the doors open and motor still running,The Federales recovered two grenades and an AK47.
The same night a body was found dumped on the same highway with 14 holes in his chest and, a note pinned to it listing 12 name of those who were next.
A mile from me a Marijuana grower was shot dead two weeks ago,and several three (fishing boat?) were shot up the same night here in the village where I live.(Pop.100 adults 200 children.)Several of the fishermen? have fled abandoning their families.
Man,I thought I was leaving all that S*** behind. Mexico's President has vowed to eradicate the cartells by 2010.He must have learned his lines fom our new President.As for me I'm stocking up on food,have ordered a couple of knives to engraved and staying put,and turning my Bull Boxer "Ace" loose at night.
Other than these minor incidents the people here are friendly.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Platinum

Keep a low profile Joseph You are in the middle of a war down there. I knew it was bad in the border areas but I was surprised to hear it's raging so far south.

Roger
Old 02-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Gold

I have family in the El Paso area in Law Enforcement that are saying that the criminals are openly killing any mexican police they can find(in Jaurez). You have to figure that if times are tight for us here in the States, they are going to be brutal over the border, and more people will be turning to "easy" money. My personal opinion is that we should have invaded Mexico before Iraq- it would have helped secure our border, they have oil, they are in desparete need of a regeme change, it would have cost us a fraction of what the Iraq war cost(just think of the gas we would have saved), and we already have a large number of "translators" of spanish in our armed forces. The down side would be then we would be that much closer to that whole north american union we are hearing rumors of. If we could straighten out Iraq's ifrastructure, think of what we could do for Mexico. Charity starts at home, right?
Old 02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
Platinum

Sure, we could bring them McDonald's .... oh wait, they already have that. I would say that they have already invaded us. Does 20+ million constitute an invasion or not?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Platinum

Joseph, I sincerely hope you and Franca will be able to stay under the radar, with plenty of foodstores kept well hidden. If worse come to worse can you make it back here with your boat? All of us in this age group will be hurt the most as we no longer have the survival edge of youth, but we do have the wiles of experience to help.
Take care friend,
gail
Old 02-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Gold

Send a message via Yahoo to tonytigerhk45

One question. What would be one of the biggest events to take place that would warrant Martial Law, next to an invasion? Would it be an economic break down or some other type of action. Makes me wonder a lot. But makes me pray it don't.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Gold

I think anyone who can look at the situation and understands history can guess what the touchstone for riots that would require Martial Law will be. I am not that big of a glutton for punishment to "say it out loud" on an open forum on the internet, but riots that would make the LA rodney king riot look like a fight at kindergarten recess could be set off by someone popular among the poor minorities being attacked. Global warming might be a reality then, as the country is engulfed in the flames of the frustrated masses demanding "their share". This could get really ugly here before its all done.
As far as Mexico goes, I just met a girl who's family was kidnapped and robbed and abandoned in the desert during the last Baja offroad race. Its never been 100%safe down there, but now might be a time to consider doing some visiting with family and friends up north, like, say, Canada.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Platinum

It's certainly a passionate subject.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Steel

OK,

All we need now is Rush Linbaugh in the toilet and we can flush this whole post!!!
Let's keep our eye's on on our engraving and leave politics to the Wall Street.

Amen,

Mark
Old 02-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Platinum

Welcome to the "Watercooler" ... still kinda bitter over Air America? .

Thanks for stopping by ......
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Platinum

Angry Re: Zihuatanejo Bombing?

Thank you David,John, Rodger & Gail for your concern.As I posted earlier we are in no danger here, but I am being cautious,and watching the gates to our castle.
I don't like the idea of this post becoming a place for impassioned political or racial blather;so stop! Please respect this request.!!
Have a great day.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Steel

WTF! I thought the Watercooler area WAS for off-topic blather!

That's it, I'm outta here.