Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 14,732. Welcome to our newest member, Miss Allison
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Lindsay AirGraver Info - Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 08-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Steel

Default Man O Man !

I have been very busy in my main line of work. I recently acquired a Palm Control and have grabbed bits of time to use it. I cannot believe the Absolute Fine control This Outstanding tool has ! Right from the get go, not even having time or experience using it ! I haven't changed any settings on it or tried the heavy piston yet. But i find that it has great power digging deep too. And Smooth ! The ability to go slow and careful to faster and deeper, smoothly through the whole power band. Its a DREAM machine ! And i haven't even explored the range of power and stroke settings possible with it. I am Truly impressed. I don't have to learn how to control it, it just does what its supposed to. Right from the tiniest start. This is important. There is no sudden , explosive take off or hesitation. Totally smooth and predictable. This has lifted a level of stress i didn't realize i had til i started using it. I have owned alot of tools in my life. It's Simply the best tool i have ever owned. This is more than a tool , its a fine instrument. I can now focus on learning technique. Successfully beginning a cut is no longer a concern. Thank you Steve, your invention has had a major impact in my ability , confidence and learning process. rick woodward
Old 08-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Platinum

Default Re: Man O Man !

Rick You said the way we must all feel about the PC and all of Steve's tools...
It is a fine instrument...
Now you need another for the other hand or a friend...
Jerry
Old 08-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Platinum

Rick, we look forward to see what you can do with the improved tooling, congrats!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Hi Rick and thank you. Glad you're liking the control of the tool! Your write up post is super. Would it be ok to use it on the AirGraver feedback page? http://www.handgravers.com/feedback.htm

Thanks again Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 08-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Platinum

I MUST have one of these!!! Sell the guns, sell the gold, sell the house, sell the dog, sell the wife ......( woops, already did that. hmm...mighta been the other way around actually) SELL IT ALL!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Platinum

Ah yes - another satisified owner.
Welcome to the club!!!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Steel

To the honorable Steve Lindsay.
( Believe me I dont say that Lightly.) You may use my words of course. I am Humbly honored to have any association of any kind with this Historic and revolutionary tool. It is a brilliant design and invention. I have bought and used tools all my life, good tools. I've done a lot of things in my life, I make my living with my tools and equipment. The Lindsay Palm Control has impressed me beyond any tool i have ever owned.

Steve you can combine parts of my posts here anyway you want. I am not too good with words and sentences. If you want to cut a part of a sentence or whatever, that's fine with me. I just tell it like it is. Sincerely rick woodward
Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Thanks Rick. Boy, though... Karla read your comment. She quickly deflated it and had me sleeping in the shed the last few nights.

I've updated that feedback page. Thanks again Rick!
Steve
EngravingArtist.com
Old 08-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Platinum

Rick, Me too love tools and have tried to have 2 of everything incase one stopped working when I did telephone cable splicing around the country, no tool no work, no money, so to have the best and have an extra put you into a different group...

Steve you are so lucky to have a shed instead of just a fenced in yard with a chain and a stake to let you go around in circles and shorten the chain, and then, and then, and then you are to far away from the water bucket and don't know how to unwind the chain to get a back to the shed and water...
Seeya,
Jerry
Old 08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlseymour
Steve you are so lucky to have a shed instead of just a fenced in yard with a chain and a stake to let you go around in circles and shorten the chain, and then, and then, and then you are to far away from the water bucket and don't know how to unwind the chain to get a back to the shed and water...
Seeya,
Jerry

Jerry, I would get wound up for a long time until Karla came out to unwind my chain. Now I know why she wanted the shed. She was tired of unwinding me.
EngravingArtist.com