Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community

The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community
Discuss hand engraving using basic to the most advanced methods and equipment
Forum Members: 13,490. Welcome to our newest member, palawler
EngravingForum.com - Domain since Feb 7, 2003

Graver Video Conferencing is empty Join now!

Go Back   Engraving Forum.com - The Internet's Largest and Fastest Growing Engraving Community > Forums > Hand Engraving Forum
ENGRAVING TOOLS - Paypal accepted Classes Glossary Feedback Tips Sharpening Bulino Videos Forum Policies

Old 04-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Steel

Default Upgrading Classic to Palm Control

I'm sure Steve will include a manual for the PC to help me with the correct plumbing but I'm looking for something unusual that I haven't been able to find. (if it's even possible) Hoping someone here can give me some pointers.

I'd like to redo the plumbing in a way that will work with the base of my scope stand. I've got a new panel to layout with gages and switches for the PC, NSK, and maybe even some lights. (any other ideas are welcome).

I like to fit the gages flush while hiding the regulator body (and all the other stuffs) behind the panel. Also, I'd be cool to have attractive regulator knobs. This is the hard part. Does anyone know where (or how) I can get regulator separate from the knob? And some cool switches would be a nice touch.
http://www.engravingforum.com/attach...1&d=1493310468http://www.engravingforum.com/attach...1&d=1493310621

Thanks for any pointers and/or ideas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0021.JPG (29.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0020.JPG (27.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Upgrading Classic to Palm Control

Cool Daren with the scope stand. Is that one of those Zeiss stands? If you can drill a large enough hole in the top there in that second pic of the stand for the regulator knob to stick through it might work. There are threads right below the knob that is meant for a bracket. If you could make the hole the size so those threads would come through then you could put the plastic nut for the regulator on.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Steel

; ya, it's one of those Zeiss-ish stands, and scope, from Brazil. I think it's by Robertson? I'm still bitter about getting duped. I paid about a grand more than I should have.There are two real Zeiss stands like it on eBay if anyone is interested http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-Surgic...-/361963605272.

Ideally, I'd like everything to come out of the front panel (to look like a cockpit?) but out the top is an option I hadn't thought of. I'd still like to get the hight of the regulator knobs down.

I'd love to be able to do restoration work like you but I think this one's going to end up a child of steampunk and rat rods!
Old 04-28-2017, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Just thought of something. The PC regulator has a water trap bowl on it and so the regulator would need to be upright. Also if it is enclosed it would be tough to get to to let the water from the bowl . Could work if you had regulator without a water trap. You could then have a water trap somewhere between the compressor and this regulator, or just have one at the compressor.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:38 PM

You know where I live if you need some fabrication help. Good to see you're still at it. Now, quit being a stranger and post more often...
Old 04-30-2017, 10:30 PM
Steel

Hey Tim! Thanks for the offer. Besides the air I was thinking of some lights and charger for my phone. I got to keep reminding myself not to go overboard on this stand-- but I got to have fun, right?